Friday, August 12, 2011

Needle Felting a Pin Cushion



Materials used: Corriedale Wool, Student Punch Needle, Lamb Creamer





Other types of items that can be turned into a pin cushion. If your container is wider at the opening than the bottom (like the Swan in the picture), you may need to glue your felted wool into place.





Cutie Patooty.





Stuff a large amount of wool into your vessel.





Pack it in nice and tight.





Add more wool if needed.





Stab repeatedly.





It will compress as it felts.





Add more wool to the top as needed to make a rounded "mushroom."





Keep on stabbing. Keeping your fingers out of the way!





Ta Da!! Isn't she awesome!



2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog after being referred to your store by Bill at Rancho Inca Alpacas. I love your blog and all of the pictures and projects you post! I'm hoping to make it to your shop for a real visit soon!

    Best regards,
    Kelly Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made a bunch of these pin cushions from your tutorial for Christmas presents to my quilting friends. See pictures on my blog: http://shadywood.blogspot.com/2011/12/needle-felted-pin-cushions.html

    I tried the stabbing thing with the hand needle and kept poking the glass beads I put in the bottom. So, changed it up a bit...

    Betty
    www.TShirtQuiltsTX.com

    ReplyDelete